Makeup Tips for Crossdressing Beginner
When it comes to Makeup, it can get quite tricky for beginners. Makeup like most things, it gets better the longer you’ve done it and the more times you do it. Most people wear makeup to improve their appearance and incase of crossdressers, Makeup can really help to make the face look more feminine & softer. In simple words, Makeup is used to enhance one’s best features and correct/disguise those that need improvement. In this article, we are going to be discussing some of the most essential Makeup tips for beginner crossdressers
t’s not the wearing of makeup that makes you more attractive. It’s the correct application of makeup according to your bone structure, and the shape and placement of your facial features, that makes you more attractive when wearing makeup than without.
Also remember good skin care is the key to a perfect look when wearing make-up. If you are someone who is just starting out with makeup, know the basic essentials: Always apply Makeup in a good lighting, Wash your hands before and after applying makeup, Try to not rub your face with makeup on and Don’t sleep or nap with it on (make it a habit).
Below are some of the most essential and important Makeup tips for Beginner Crossdressers
1) Always start with a clean face and figure out a skincare routine that works for you. It makes a world of a difference. If you’re just too busy to stop and do a full skincare routine just wash your face nicely and top it off with a moisturizer before applying Makeup every time.
2) Perfect the art of applying. Start with a gentle or soft makeup look first. Don’t begin makeup with heavy foundation and all of the glam. Begin with wearing mascara or subtle eyeshadow and work your way slowly with other makeup products like eyeliner, foundation, concealer etc. This will allow you to learn about each makeup products properly and what results you can obtain from using them.
3) Before applying foundation, use a primer. Primer helps to smoothen out the skin, making it look more polished and even. It creates a nice base for foundation or face makeup that allows it to go on smoother and last longer. So, go for a good quality primer (as it gives the best finishing ever).
4) Many people think that foundation is only for making them fair, which is completely false. Foundation is actually used to give a more natural finish to the skin. You should always purchase your foundation which matches your skin tone (as close as possible) so that your makeup looks more natural & perfect.
Learn how to apply the foundation using the correct tools. Best results come with a beauty blender (makeup sponge), followed with a soft bristle brush. Be careful not to pull or tug your skin too hard – you’re laying the foundation for future wrinkles when you do that.
5) Start off with good quality makeup products from brands like Maybelline New York, L’Oréal, Rimmel London, Essence, NYX, just to name a few. These are great beginner makeup brands. Once you get good at makeup, then you can work your way through the expensive makeup brands like Tarte, Channel, Sephora, and etc.
6) Watch lots of Makeup tutorials. This will really help to grow your makeup skills and know about different styles & techniques to apply Makeup. YouTube is the best place to find amazing makeup tutorials. Just remember, Internet is your best friend. When you want to learn something about Makeup, Just search it on the internet.
7) Practice, practice, practice! The more your practice, the better you will get at applying makeup. If you want to practice drawing a wing eyeliner, draw it on your eyes a few times until you perfect it or when you want to learn how to do eyeshadow, practice it on yourself a couple of times to see better results. Experiment and see what works best for you: Experiment ALOT.
8) Buy and learn with Makeup brushes, not you fingers or cheap sponge things that come with palettes. Makeup Brushes are easy to use and makes your makeup look 100% better than it would without using them. Avoid using big brushes for highlighting and contouring as you may end up contouring or highlighting your entire face.
9) Do your eye makeup *first*, and your foundation and concealer last. That way you don’t wipe away any excess foundation if you mess up your eyeshadow or eyeliner. Plus, it looks nicer and you don’t have to redo any makeup. Many beginners often like to start with foundation or other skin products, but it is easier to just do the eye makeup first. If you mess up your eyeshadow you can just clean it up with concealer later.
0) Do your eyebrows. Or learn how to do them. It changes everything, your face appears more clean and tidy. Makeup on your face will look more neat when your eyebrows are done properly.
11) Go for liquid based products instead of cream based or powder based as you will get more coverage and cleanliness.
12) Avoid cakey foundation. Cakey foundation is common in beginners. They usually make this mistake. To avoid it, dab your beauty blender in less quantity of foundation. Blending is the key.
13) Clean/Remove makeup EVERY time after wearing it. Never sleep with makeup on. Makeup is full of chemical ingredients as well as lots of oils and bacteria. So, wash your face with oil free makeup wipes, makeup removal and face wash to keep it fresh and vibrant. After wash, moisturizer since your face will be clean and dry after wash.
14) When you apply your lipstick, use lip liner for better results. If you don’t use lip liner, shape your lips first with the lipstick itself . Also for applying lipstick ,dab it , don’t spread it.
15) Removing makeup properly is also very important. Use good quality makeup remover like Bioderma Sensibio H2O, Cetaphil Gentle Waterproof Makeup Remover or Green Clean Makeup-Removing Cleansing Balm etc. For removing eye makeup in the lower eye lid , use ear buds to remove it properly.
16) Handle all your makeup products carefully for better lasting. Treat your makeup products with care and they will go a long way. Wash your makeup brushes & tools timely so they are always in good condition for application.